Some Much Needed Inspiration
April 09, 2020
The staff and faculty of the Hallie Ford School of Graduate Studies at PNCA have curated a list of creative resources for staying inspired and connected during these challenging times. Stay home, stay safe and take care of yourselves and each other!
Let's get inspired together.
- SXSW Shorts! Although this independent film festival was canceled, you can still enjoy shorts ranging from documentary, animated, midnight, narrative, and more!
- From our friends at Portland Institute of Contemporary Art (PICA) you can now watch Whispering Pines 10, from TBA:11! This is a soap opera about solitude indoors, so it’s pretty fitting...
- The Portland Art Museum’s Poster Project highlight this week features Rock of Ages, Portland artist Isaka Shamsud-Din’s portrait of his father, from current special exhibition Isaka Shamsud-Din: Rock of Ages.
- Download poster
- Download lessons and activities related to the Poster Project
- View the work in Online Collections
- Virtually visit gallery row in NYC via the newly launched PLATFORM: New York.
- Craft in America! Spend some time on PBS’s thoughtful and thorough exploration of craft.
- Emergence Magazine’s online community is hosting a wide variety of free content, including a webinar on April 30 with Robin Wall Kimmerer, author of Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom , Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants
Launch your future in art and design! Visit with counselors, admissions team members, and faculty from art and design schools for a portfolio review before applying to colleges or universities.
Join PNCA's MFA Applied Craft + Design Chair Sara Huston, faculty member and mentor Abbie Miller and artist and craftswoman Annica Cuppetelli in conversation as they delve into their individual use of both hand work and machine techniques, and share their research on the various layers of production and information that are intertwined with objects, processes, and materials, as well as their need to evolve, adapt, and establish craft in relationship to making and industry. The event will take place with Miller’s ongoing exhibition as a backdrop for the talk.
October 30 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm PDT
At GMA Architects - 240 N Broadway, Unit 203 Portland, OR 97227
PNCA welcomes the Portland community to participate in this year’s Graduate Symposium with keynote speakers featuring: Nina Elder + vanessa german!
The Hallie Ford School of Graduate Studies, in collaboration with ILY2, is pleased to announce a conversation between artist Amanda Ross-Ho and writer and curator Catherine Taft.