All new freshmen and transfer students live in ArtHouse, contemporary student housing on the North Park Blocks in the arts-focused Pearl District. Designed with students in mind, ArtHouse is just a 5-minute walk from the main WU PNCA campus building, the Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design.
The student apartments are light-filled spaces that face the park and the city, with hallways that serve as gallery spaces for student art. Apartments are furnished and feature modern kitchen appliances and washer/dryers. The Portland Streetcar, rail lines, and bus routes are within blocks of ArtHouse, as are a variety of entertainment and dining options.
WU Housing Portal
The WU Housing Portal is the student portal for Willamette University on-campus housing and dining.
Each student has their own WU Housing Portal (Bed n Board) page! New and returning students submit housing and dining applications, electronically sign your housing agreement, view and sign off on room condition reports, and participate in the housing lottery through the WU Housing Portal.
Log in periodically to view Housing updates.
Amenities and Features
- All standard utilities included
- Fully furnished with custom-designed furniture
- Fiber optic Ethernet connection with dedicated wireless routers in each unit
- Full kitchen with energy-saving appliances, including dishwasher and microwave
- Washer/dryer in each unit
- Large windows allowing in natural light and views of Portland’s cityscape
At Your Convenience
- Secure building entry system
- Secured bicycle parking
- One specially trained residence life team member per floor.
- Community study area
- Rain garden and surrounding leisure deck
- LEED registered building with green features
- Student art galleries on each floor
Portland at your fingertips
- More than 20 art galleries and abundant shopping and dining options
- Major bus lines, the Portland Streetcar, and the MAX Light Rail
- Union Station with Amtrak, Greyhound, and Bolt Bus service
- City car share program
- Walk Score of 93 (Walker’s Paradise) and Bike Score of 90 (Biker’s Paradise)
- Ranked #22 of 280 Portland attractions by TripAdvisor
Mandatory Housing Policy and Exception Request Process
New PNCA campus undergraduates must reside in ArtHouse for their first year unless they qualify for an exemption or successfully petition for an exception. Exemptions are granted for students who are married or who are living with parents or legal guardians within 25 miles of campus. On a case-by-case basis, the College will review requests for exceptions to this policy based on extraordinary circumstances (e.g., medical issue). To request request waiver information, please email email@example.com.